Netchem is the preferred chemical supply chain partner of North American manufacturers, big and small. Netchem is a sales driven organisation with a 30 year history supplying specialty chemicals to a variety of markets across North America. Netchem prides itself on being a small, family-owned business and woman-owned business enterprise (member of WBE Canada).
Each member of our team is focused on working to achieve the success of the business. In return, the business is devoted to the success and quality of life of our team members. Our office is collaborative, ‘open-door’ and provides a positive workspace.
Netchem is committed to building an equitable and inclusive work environment where cultural diversity is valued. We believe diversity enriches our workplace and benefits our employees and our business.
Account Manager Role
Your primary objective will be to develop business relationships with existing customers and provide an outstanding account management experience. You will also develop new business relationships with high potential prospects. This role reports to Netchem’s Sales Manager.
As an account manager, you will be the face of Netchem with our long-term clients. You will use your experience relationship-building and leverage Netchem’s business capabilities to position Netchem as the supply chain partner of choice for our manufacturing customers.
You will work closely with your colleagues in technical & quality services, customer service, finance and procurement in order to support Netchem’s accounts.
You have a demonstrated ability to interact with key customers and know how to tailor value propositions to align with decision maker needs and objectives. You recommend solutions to drive and develop business and proactively work to uncover and pursue strategic business opportunities. You understand the importance of creating relationships with multiple stakeholders at an organization.
You are comfortable and experienced working in a role without direct daily supervision. This job will be primarily based out of your own workspace with travel as required.
Job requirements – knowledge, skills & experience
- An undergraduate degree in the sciences or relevant experience in the personal care, pharmaceutical, veterinary or over the counter (OTC) space.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent or highly proficient written and oral French and English.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), CRM system and video calling (Microsoft Teams).
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders either in sales or another relevant role. You are comfortable navigating complex organizations to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders.
Administrative & Other Internal Responsibilities
- Input customer information into Netchem’s CRM system.
- Provide monthly sales reports to the sales manager.
- Provide market updates to the management team and customers including information on competitive activity, price changes, supply chain optimization and any industry disruptions or trends.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities at existing customers.
- Qualify prospects and develop business with new customers.
- Acting as the face of Netchem, develop and maintain relationships with Netchem’s customers as assigned.
- Provide after-sales support by communicating relevant information from other Netchem departments and engaging in pro-active problem solving. Identify and pursue new business opportunities at existing customers.
- Negotiate sales and contracts at the direction of Netchem’s sales manager. Discover and understand the client’s individual needs and tailor messaging and solutions to support these needs.
- Develop relationships with multiple stakeholders at existing clients (purchasing, strategic sourcing, management, R&D).
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits program.
- A collaborative work environment with the opportunity to be heard and lead company-wide initiatives.
- Wage top-up program for leaves of absence including parental leave and family caregiver leave.
Netchem is committed to building an equitable and inclusive work environment where cultural diversity is valued. We believe diversity enriches our work environment and benefits our employees and our business.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org