Netchem is the preferred chemical supply chain partner of North American manufacturers, big and small. Netchem is a sales driven organisation with a 30 year history supplying specialty chemicals to a variety of markets across North America. Netchem prides itself on being a small, family-owned business and women-owned business enterprise (member of WBE Canada).
Each member of our team is focused on working to achieve the success of the business. In return, the business is devoted to the success and quality of life of our team members. Our office is collaborative, ‘open-door’ and provides a positive workspace.
Netchem is committed to building an equitable and inclusive work environment where cultural diversity is valued. We believe diversity enriches our workplace and benefits our employees and our business.
Business Development Lead
Your primary objective will be to qualify and develop business relationships with prospects provided by Netchem. You will manage all inquiries generated by Netchem’s online marketing as well as lead business development through customers’ supplier diversity programs. You may also manage some existing accounts. You will interact with customers via email, phone calls, virtual meetings and in-person meetings. This role reports to Netchem’s Sales Manager.
You may also support sales with technical work such as preparing Certificates of Analysis and samples.
You will be responsible for representing Netchem to new and existing clients. You will leverage Netchem’s business capabilities to position Netchem as the supply chain partner of choice for our manufacturing customers.
You will work closely with your colleagues in technical & quality services, customer service, finance and procurement in order create and manage sales. You will gain a 360-degree understanding of the business and have the opportunity to grow your career at a company focused on the long-term career growth and satisfaction of our employees.
You are a driven individual who has no problem reaching out to new customers. You are a clear communicator who can adapt your communication style to your target audience. You make use of effective questioning and are comfortable asking questions.
You are self-motivated and driven towards success.
Job requirements – knowledge, skills & experience
- An undergraduate degree in the sciences or relevant experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent or highly proficient written and oral English. French an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), CRM system and video calling (Microsoft Teams).
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders either in sales or another relevant role.
Administrative & Other Internal Responsibilities
- Input customer information into Netchem’s CRM system.
- Provide monthly sales reports to the sales manager.
- Provide market updates to the management team and customers including information on competitive
activity, price changes, supply chain optimization and any industry disruptions or trends.
- Qualify prospects and develop business with new customers.
- Lead business development through customers’ supplier diversity programs.
- Respond to new and existing customer inquiries for product.
- Manage and respond to online inquiries.
- Acting as the face of Netchem, develop and maintain relationships with Netchem’s customers as assigned.
- Provide after-sales support by communicating relevant information from other Netchem departments and engaging in pro-active problem solving. Identify and pursue new business opportunities at existing customers.
- Negotiate sales and contracts at the direction of Netchem’s sales manager. Discover and understand the client’s individual needs and tailor messaging and solutions to support these needs.
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits program.
- A collaborative work environment with the opportunity to be heard and lead company-wide initiatives.
- Wage top-up program for leaves of absence including parental leave and family caregiver leave.
Netchem is committed to building an equitable and inclusive work environment where cultural diversity is valued. We believe diversity enriches our work environment and benefits our employees and our business.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.