Menthol crystals provided by Netchem are natural and contain the single isomer, L-menthol.
Menthol is obtained from the oils of corn mint, peppermint, or other mints. It is a solid at room temperature but melts slightly above that.
Menthol is incorporated in various products such as:
- lip balms and cough medicine for short-term relief of minor sore throat and minor mouth or throat irritation
- topical analgesics to relieve minor aches and pains, creams, patches or inhalers for chest and sinus decongestants
- sunburn medications where it provides a cooling sensation, aftershave products to relieve razor burn
- natural and organic insect repellents
- cigarettes to enhance flavor
- mouthwashes, toothpastes, and sprays to combat bad-breath
- foods including gum and candy as a general flavor ingredients
25 kg (55 lb)
25 kg (55 lb) drums